PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 139 Down Abu Dhabi
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 20:29
tribal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Allwornout,
If it is so bad why are you still there?
In all my years there I never heard of anyone being shot in a Mall. It must have been recent.
ADA does carry some problems for sure, but usually made worse by individuals banding together and crying, making the problems seem worse.
As to what happened to John, for sure , had he been at the controls we wouldnt have a result to talk about. There are a number of issues at play, the series of events that led to this unfortunate accident. It will not be a simple matter of pointing a finger at ADA, John, Obaid, or any other party. there is one issue that does shine through , and that is the position a pilot is placed in when faced with a powerful local. For John I believe the options were limited, as I understand the VIPs were picked up at a coastal location. It was not simply a matter of not riding along, there was no way home for the guy. Sure it cost his life, but he must have had enough faith in the remaining pilot onboard. Albeit, in hindsight, incorrect.
Very shocking and very sad news, and hopefully this will paint a glaring picture to the Arab aviation industry, that their own rules are in place for good reason, and that no exceptional cicumstances are to circumvent that. Because at the end of the day they are designed for their safety.