PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1989- Pilots dispute 19 years on
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 10:23
twodogsflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is one particular "Hero" who I despise the most.

On the night we all resigned at the AFAP building in Melbourne, the MBF set up a table so our super could be rolled over for those who had super, not everyone got payouts.

Anyway, this particular persons wife also set up a table to roll over super into her company, she had just started a business selling life insurance and super. A number of pilots did give their super to her as they thought they where helping an F/O (the husband) out by doing so. Over the next few months pilots kept giving her their money and once her commissions hit about $1M, said husband signed a contract and went back to work.

When the first anniversary party came around and about 200 people turned up to the pub at Frankfurt Airport, there where the usual discussions on where we ended up etc, but the main topic was did we do the right thing by not becoming a "Hero"? One of my close friends summed it up this way, he said:

"I look around here today and all the pilots here that I know, I would class as my friends. When I look at the "heroes", none of them that I personnel know would I class as a friend, so I am happy with my choice."

That one statement summed up the whole dispute!