PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy helicopter pilots........
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 09:06
Troglodita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffo,

Their main gripe seems to be that they were dumped by Shell and are now substantially worse off than their BP colleagues (Still Direct Employees of BP) working from the same Depot.

As 212 Man pointed out recently in a reply from Head Hunter Land to the West African Forum

Quote:
still relying heavily on "Shellies" with more Naira allowances than a local politician to buy their high priced goods rather than poor Bristow Folk
Having been on both sides of the fence, I can appreciate that commonly held misconception, however the actual fact is that all Shell expatriate staff get an element of their salary in local currency and an element in Euros, wherever they are based. It is not a cash in hand per-diem like the BHL system, that is considered over an above your salary.

Granted, they still get paid more though!
We have always been and still are at the bottom of the pile on the "Oil Patch" when it comes to salaries. I am not (yet) jealous of Tanker Drivers but admit to a certain amount of envy and frustration when I see Oil Patch Contractor Storemen, Mechanics, Electricians, Construction Guys, Scaffolders etc. etc. sitting in Business Class going home to spend salaries at least double that of the average Twin IFR Helicopter Pilot.

Where do we go wrong?

Are we our own worst enemies?

See Unpaid Invoices thread for a possible reason - we are frightened to offend even someone who doesn't pay us!

Last edited by Troglodita; 13th Jun 2008 at 09:10. Reason: addition