PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy helicopter pilots........
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 08:43
VfrpilotPB/2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

Believe me YOU DO NOT WANT to drive any HGV or LGV for a living, they can only perambulate along at 56mph, are subject to tight rules of the now smart card tachograph system, can be held up for hours at VOSA /DHSS/Police road side checks(still classed as driving time) the driver is responsible for the loaded weight of each axle and wheel loading(that is able to be checked by the VOSA people even whilst the HGV/LGV is moving along the roads, the driver needs to have the patience of a Saint to put up with all the drivers who cut in front of them at the last min on any roads( everyone seems to think these big rigs can stop like a small car) they burn around 1 Gallon of Derv/Diesel every 6 to 9 miles, they need to drive into towns where road sign sprout from every corner where Wallys park cars and Vans just where the HGV/LGV needs to swing in order to get round said corner the list is endless.
If you want a few days of frustration and boiling tempers and rude and abusive language( and thats just from your boss) just contact me I will arrange for you to be a pax in one of the very latest £100k rigs, ... I think that will be enough time to explain to you why you should stay being a Chopper Jockey
The only Hgv driving that still looks of any interest is across the desert's or the Ice Road out of Yellowknife,.. now that would ring my bell!!

Peter R-B
Vfrpilotpb/2