PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I continue?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 21:37
XX621

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wee Weasley Welshman
Get an old motorbike or a horse or a small boat or something less expensive, less risky and more rewarding than a half hearted aviation ambition.
Err...motorbikes are considerably riskier than aeroplanes (not financially of course!). Small boats are boring. Horses are very very expensive and break easily.

Or do what I've done. Sell the motorbike and get a share in nice little 4 seater and fly anytime you want and only when you feel like it. Do the theory as and when, applying it to your leisure flying where applicable. Build up loads of P1 time, get a good "normal" job, keep one eye on the state of the industry, get to know people, make contacts, understand how pilot recruitment really works, start pushing out the boundaries of your flying, slow but safe progression without big bang financial risk. Just because you're not wearing a uniform and not flying heavy metal doesn't make you any less of a pilot. Do some glider towing maybe for a while. Progressively stir in the IR, the ME, the CPL...then one day you dream cake may well rise out of the cake tin!

Or perhaps part-time instruction?

Good luck anyway