PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cap 774
Thread: Cap 774
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 19:08
Spitoon

But the point that NorthSouth makes - quite correctly in my view - is that unless you've read ATSIN 130 you wouldn't know you're not supposed to do what it says until next March.

If you just take the document - which sets out the rules - it appears to be in force now. It's dated today and the web site says it's current. What status does an ATSIN have - by definition, it's only information? I wonder how the CAA would react if someone said "Well, we didn't follow that rule in our Part 2, even though it's current, because we decided to wait a few weeks"? In the UK we have a convention that rules from the CAA are in force when they are published unless it says otherwise.

The only exception, which I think rather proves the rule, is MATS Part 1 which as I recall is issued with lots of fanfare saying 'here is the next amendment but it doesn't come into force for three months in order to give you time to prepare' - which is supposedly why this one has been published early. Doesn't the MATS amendment have pages dated the day they come into force rather than the day they are published?

Which reminds me, having got used to a MATS Part 1 amendment every three months I'm kind of missing them - maybe because we've got a new edition we don't need amendments any more?