PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - one Week of fun!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 18:28
Winnie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy one Week of fun!

Well thought I’d let everybody know about my interesting week.

Just spent two weeks fighting fire, somewhere… And in the span of those two weeks, managed to have 2, nope not one, but 2, unrelated chip lights.

First one, just lifted off a rock outcrop, having dropped off some equipment, the trans chip light flickers, I notice it, and decide to go towards safer climes (i.e. OFF the fire) and start a gentle climb and depart the area. Safe landing is about 20 nm away.
The light flickered a few times, but when it got on solid, I landed. No more for me, as I am already sweating bullets by then.
Sure enough, an engineer pulls a chip of the detector, and we ran the machine under various stress levels, before we returned the machine to service. All fun and games, keeping a close look at the panel, but nothing happes.

Then a few days later, on a different fire, in a different part of the country, out early in the morning, doing scanning, when the ENG CHIP light comes on… (By now I figure I’m cursed so to hell with it, I landed in the first available spot, and did a normal shut down. All is well, other than a light… but pulling the plug there is metal on both of them (this is in a 206B3).
Same thing again, pull the plugs off, clean them and then run for a while, to make sure no more come on. Nothing did, but the officials released us from the contract to go and figure hat is wrong with the machine… lotsa rain anyways, and due for some time off as well.

So now a week later, no more problems, and nothing found in the engine…. What caused the problems?

other than that the trip was uneventful...

so there ya have it, one Week of fun!