PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 12th Jun 2008, 14:04
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Level 6 English Proficiency

Guys, help me out here if you would. Have spoken to BA and awaiting a reply from the CAA but here's the problem.
I'm due to re-apply to BA next month and have noticed that they now require Level 6 proficiency as a pre-requisite. As a UK CAA Licence holder flying for FR I was automatically given Level 4 back in February. FR wont upgrade me to Level 6 because I don't have an Irish Licence and without Level 6 I can't apply to BA. The only way to get Level 6 is to change to an irish licence. Then I can't apply to BA because I don't have a UK issued Licence.
From what I understand the Level 6 doesn't transfer from one authority to another so even if I was to get an Irish Licence, upgrade to Level 6 and then transfer back to a UK Licence it wouldn't automatically give me the level 6 rating.
Am starting to tear my hair out over this, surely it can't be the case that BA have prevented every Pilot in FR from ever applying to BA???