PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very late go-around at Geneva
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2002, 00:39
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What is this industry coming to?

computer-game players offering authorative opinions on issues that professional pilots are reluctant to comment on in absence of all the facts.

Passengers offering advice on proper course of action in a situation requiring quick decision making.

What's next?. .Flight crew consulting with passengers and acting on the consensus of that consultation on anything that deviates from normal course of events.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking, I am seeking your input on a possible deviation from course, due to what appears to be a CB about 100 miles ahead of us. Please forward your opinion regarding the type of avoidance maneuver you would favour in this situiation, if any. In the absence of a conclusive decision prior to reaching said CB, my colleague and I propose to enter into a holding pattern, untill you have had time to deliberate and consider all options at our disposal. Further and with your permission, we propose to be allowed to declare a fuel emergency without further consulting you, should it become necessary"

Thank you for your assistance in this matter and as always, we appreciate your invaluable input.