PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pros & Cons Of USA Training
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 12:29
dapilot6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice is to stay away from AriBen Aviator and EFT.

Aviator had many aircraft maintenance issues, and while I was there, we had at least 10 "maintenance" days, where no flying was allowed. And those 10 days happened in a 30 day span. The instructors were good, but overworked, and many of them had 6 or more students at time, meaning you could not even be scheduled every day. The staff was not real helpful or easy to deal with, and I have seen many of other students running in the opposite direction of certain management individuals with their tail between their legs!!! If you complain or criticize whilst you are there, you'll be sorry.

As far as EFT is concerned, I am told by the CAA that they no longer hold any approvals and cannot train anybody. They have no CFI or Head of Training, and have not actively had one since last year, as they all work for an airline now. And they had only 2 instructors that were JAA for many many months and one of them also flew Aviator students. The student ratio there was about 6-8 per instructor, and yes, many people left without completing their training and being owed monies. It seems to me that the owners of this company need to accept the responsibility for the downfall of a once fine JAA school, and not throw the blame on others.

Everything you hear is not always the way it really is.

In the end, it is who gives you the best sales pitch.