PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passed my PPL- how long for passengers?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 07:17
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passed my PPL- how long for passengers?

Hi all.

I passed my PPL at the weekend. It was a partial the previous weekend, requiring me to re-do my practice forced landing.

I've just dropped everything in the post to the CAA, so I am counting down the weeks til the shiny new licence arrives.

My question is regarding taking passengers up. I feel pretty comfortable that if my licence came tomorrow, I would take passengers. However, speaking to others at the club, they were a little surprised and said "sure you wouldnt rather log a few hours then take pax?"

I didn't get this. Surely passing the PPL means you have reached a set standard, so where does the "few hours" come in before taking pax? The impression I got was that I was almost being foolhardy by taking pax straight away. I generally bow to experience as I only have 55hrs, but what would everyone suggest? (I have typically managed an hour a week over the last few months, and it was my intention to fly a few circuits when the licence comes then take pax, so perhaps 30mins max).

I just don't want to go to the club with family etc and here the muttered "going up with only 30 mins logged after passing test....tut tut" in the background, you know? Am I missing something?

Thanks all