PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA integrity?
Thread: CASA integrity?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 05:49
Bendo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr Smith

I think you will find little sympathy on this forum for a private pilot who wants to be treated differently to everyone else.

Because of people like you and AOPA constantly frightening the horses, efforts by industry to improve CASA's service delivery (or rather, have someone enforce an improvement) are simply lost in the noise.

I presume that it is requests like yours that have held up our AOC variation application (submitted Jan 08) for 5 months, before an FOI has been able to turn his attention to it?

I expect that it is time-wasting applications like yours that mean we paid $5000+ to CASA in February to review our submitted documentation, for a simple application adding CHTR and a couple of types?

You have run a business Dick - fancy starting a business, renting premises, employing and training staff and entering into cross-hire arrangements (not to mention giving CASA $5000 to stick in the bank) and then waiting 7 months before you can turn a wheel?

Fortunately our primary task is AWK and it is ongoing - but as we try to build our business, Dick, I will not lose a minute's sleep for a self-promoting PPL who wants to cut corners nobody else can.