PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 12th Jun 2008, 03:02
206dvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see some operators coming up with some sense on this thread. I posted my thoughts on the loan scheme a while ago and some people weren't too happy to hear the truth. But put it this way. If twenty pilots sent in C.V.s for my position and nineteen of them were student loan pilots there would be only one getting an interview ( the one who slogged it out and paid for it himself). The very fact that you haven't had the guts to do it the hard way tells me more about your attitude to life and work than any interview. The last thing I want is someone who will take shortcuts in one of my machines. For the young fella who is thinking it's all too hard and the bright lights and flashy web sites have hooked you in. Spend a few days calling in on some operators and get the real story from them. Don't waste $100,000+ of your (or my) money (yes the rest of us are paying for it not Aunty Helen.) And Paul that was a very sad little add mate!!!