PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 02:21
cerbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta is getting 13% of the very high salary. Northwest even with their pension frozen is getting more that EK and that is just from their A plan. Their B plan tops ours hands down. Continental is very good and puts EK to shame. And then there is AA whose pilots only retire with $3 million of the company's money. They can also put in 5% or more of their own money just like EK and probably go over $4 million.
If EK is such a great deal why do so many pilots have so little money after so many years? After 7 years I don't even have $75,000! Can you believe that? And it is not just me ask countless other pilots and they will tell you tales of the same.
The bidding system is full of manual interventions and you know it. Yes they would have a proper bidding system if they left it alone but you and I both know they can't leave well enough alone.
Yes I am nuts becasue I am an EK pilot. Because of my many late night flights I don't think clearly anymore. I guess I don't need a pension since I am going to be dead at an early age. Keep Recovering