PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Reality of OAA's Employment Statistics
Old 11th Jun 2008, 21:24
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also flying turbo props dosen't always make you a better pilot as flying a slippy jet compared to a draggy prop requires different skills.
Maybe I worded it wrongly. Sure it isn't true that every TP pilot is better than their jet counterpart, but I was just trying to say that we all love flying and flying different aircraft can only develop different skills which you can add to your armoury overall making you a more rounded pilot. Good on you for doing as much hand flying as possible - that's what it's all about afterall.

FR will screw you over for the first 6 months and then your earning more than a BA cadet FO who is on a reduced salary until year 5! The difference adds up to the around the same as FR screwed you over intially!
This is something else I've never understood. Why do people seem to undervalue the salary difference between a DEP and an SSP? A job's a job's a job as far as your first is concerned. Once you're unfrozen then you can start going for the airlines you wish to fly for - with the added benefit of being on a higher DEP salary rather than a diluted 'we gave you a job when you were low hours, so we're going to pay you less for a long time' salary.