PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfields to visit in CA?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2001, 13:54
JJflyer

Smile

Try Monterey Bay (KMRY)for nice beaches and seaside life or Columbia for mountains and for an old mining town experience.
Grand Canyon National Park, now there is a busy spot. There are corridors you can fly through SFAR airspace and have some spectacular views of the Canyon.If yoy are not SFAR trained and not flying a tour altitude restriction is 14000ft outside the corridors. Field elevation @ GCN is around 7000ft.

In LAS I prefer to use the Excecutive jet terminal( Eagle terminal ) instead of Signature. Eagle is closer to hotels and Strip ( Las Vegas Blwd ). There are some really nice hotels there and prices vary with bookings ranging from the low of 35 USD a night upto 350 a night.

San Fransisco is a good spot to stop. Spend a lot of time there. Have a look at the NIGHT STOP forum. You should be able to find plenty of info for stops there aswell.

Have a very nice trip. I am off for a while and I am thinking about renting an airplane in Florida and then flying to West coast and back, just for fun and freshen some memories.

JJ