PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Reality of OAA's Employment Statistics
Old 11th Jun 2008, 19:45
stuzzy1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'there a lies, damned lies, and then statistics!'

your interpretation of their employment figures makes interesting reading. As a prospective student on their APP course (or CTC icp) I doesn't exactly fill my head with positive thoughts!

Yes, with oil prices et al, the future for newly qualified pilots is not quite as rosy. Surely this makes the decision to train with (arguably) one of the best providers will furnish you with the best chances of employment, despite the added costs of the course?

I have been led to believe that taking the integrated route is the route most prefered by airline companies. So why not take the hit, and speculate to accumulate?

What are the statistics for modular route students, or people that have moved about during their training? Surely these statisics would make even more depressing reading!!!!?????????

Also, Oxford only publish the students that have actively contacted them to inform them of their new-found employment.....there is no obligation to do so.

I have a 747 captain as a friend, and he can't praise the likes of OAA and CTC enough.............................

Also the cost of OAA is more like 75k!

Im not trying to be argumentative here, and im trying not to sound like ive swallowed a 'OAA is great pill' , about to make some huge decisions in my life, and appreciate the positive and negative to every possiblilty........