PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Medical Exam Results
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2008, 09:48
Thylakoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the Interview with Emirates in Dubai few months ago and not offered the position. My question is: If they find something wrong with you Medical condition, will they notify you about their findings? Disease etc.?

All insight is appreciated

I trust that if the EK Clinic doctors found anything serious regarding your health, they should, based on their Hippocratic Oath, have informed you immediately.
I know, by experience, that most airlines medical departments use a candidate's minor physical and/or psychological issues against him/her.

E.g.: if you wear glasses and the next candidate doesn't, they might use that against you; if one of your sinuses shows hazy on the X-ray and the other guy's shows clear, it could be used against you. It also goes for the psycometrics.
It is all part of the game of using these silly things as selection parameters, I believe.
If , however, they found a tumor in one of your lungs, or if you have diabetes, they should inform you immediately.

These are examples, of course, and my opinion, too, based on the years I have been in the aviation business.

Somebody mentioned corruption in the Clinic; I have no information on that; however, being EK no different than other ruthless businesses ...
Hope it is all clear.

Good luck

Last edited by Thylakoid; 11th Jun 2008 at 10:03.