PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Range Hawker 800XP
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2008, 06:51
Hawkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I've experienced I don't necessarily agree with the claims that AP says about their extended range. My own personal opinion is that they get the airplane in the upper 30s a bit quicker and therefore that is where the fuel savings come in. From flying 2 identical airplanes with and without the winglets I don't see a reduced engine setting for the same airspeed. I don't know what the cost of them are, but I think you have to fly the airplane for a long time to see the cost benefit. Again this is purely speculative and I'd like to hear some other thoughts on them as well. But I will say this, the TR's are an absolute waste. The lift dump does a more than adequate job of stopping the aircraft and for the amount that they weigh, is just a silly addition in my opinion.

edit: oh and as far as TKS goes, if you're using it anytime you fly into visible moisture below 10C you're going to run out very quickly so I don't recommend that procedure. After flying the airplane a while you learn when you really need to use it. It does a fabulous job of keeping ice off but as previously posted it is quite hard to find sometimes. We carry an extra bottle or two in the baggage on all of our trips (since we go all over the globe with the plane)

Last edited by Hawkr; 11th Jun 2008 at 07:23.