PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Director Airspace policy - £170 000 + bonus
Old 10th Jun 2008, 23:53
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bose X
You know what, I don't give a toss. I tried to bring some balance to the reason why these jobs are paid they way they are. I frankly don't care about your education or your chosen career and whether it is well paid or not. It was not my intention to rub anyones nose in anything, if you feel so inferior that you perceived it that way then tough luck.

But as usual it comes down to mud slinging. So go plough your field or whatever it is that keeps you happy. Out of interest who paid for your degree, mummy and daddy send you to that nice little farming university so you could learn all about land management? A few beers and some shagging whle you studied 'full time'? Before you insult me at least do me the courtesy of asking about my background and where my education came from.

I never suggested anyone quit any job, nor that anyone should change their career. All I did was try and explain to the mud slingers the logic behind the packages that these organisations offer. If you are happy working 80hrs a week for whatever remuneration you get then good on you. I would kill to have people with your work ethic.

You know **** all about me but think it perfectly acceptable to have a pop and read things into my posts that fit your own sense of inadequacy. NOWHERE have I derided or insulted anyone that does not earn a huge salary.
And breath.....breath...and maybe play some soothing whale-song/womb-music....light some scented candles, and maybe go off and perform the blood-pressure-reduction procedure unofficially recommended by various AMEs.

You need to relax mate. You're on the verge of being seen as....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhFi0FZ9Y

But more importantly, this little beauty...

Originally Posted by Bose X
But you will find it is the highly motivated, highly capable individuals who are prepared to go the extra mile and reach high standards.
Bordering on bone-fide middle-management buzzword bullsh!t b0llocks bingo - any more of that and you enter "Leveraging synergy across all platforms" territory, at which point the Pprune Terms & Conditions apparently allow us to have you keel-hauled. Under HMS Belfast. Twice.

This thread isn't about you...or what you earn. Its about what the CAA are paying themselves, and what they do for the money. Frankly, if there was an opportunity for me to start Honest Ed's Airspace Ltd, and provide a high-quality bespoke airspace service to high-quality clients such as yourself, in competition with the CAA, at half the price, then fair enough. But what we're seeing is an ineffective monopoly taking the piss with 'executive' salaries for equally ineffective time-servers. They have to advertise the post by law, but if it goes to someone not already in the Belgrano I'll eat my Gentex.