PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Director Airspace policy - £170 000 + bonus
Old 10th Jun 2008, 22:11
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSE X

Great, you're a big earner, and good for you! Yep, there are jobs out there that attract huge salaries, but please, please don't insult us with all this bull****e about such high earners being so because they are "highly motivated" or "go the extra mile". They may very well be, but many of us do just that, but earn far more, (dare I say?) normal wages! I work in excess of 80 hours per week, and do my job to the very best of my ability. I've won prizes for my business and have improved profitability in a time that many are fleeing the industry. What do I do? I'm a farm manager. I have a degree, work bloody hard, and I'm pretty sure I'm at the top of my game. However, farming will never pay the kind of money you'd even consider. So what should we all do? Quit these sort of jobs and become the elite "essential" earners you so defend? Sorry, but in my book we're all essential and should not be considered any less motivated just because we don't aspire to your wage level

Ok, like I said, you're doing well and I'm sure you're worth it ... But how about you try not to rub our noses in it eh?

SS
You know what, I don't give a toss. I tried to bring some balance to the reason why these jobs are paid they way they are. I frankly don't care about your education or your chosen career and whether it is well paid or not. It was not my intention to rub anyones nose in anything, if you feel so inferior that you perceived it that way then tough luck.

But as usual it comes down to mud slinging. So go plough your field or whatever it is that keeps you happy. Out of interest who paid for your degree, mummy and daddy send you to that nice little farming university so you could learn all about land management? A few beers and some shagging whle you studied 'full time'? Before you insult me at least do me the courtesy of asking about my background and where my education came from.

I never suggested anyone quit any job, nor that anyone should change their career. All I did was try and explain to the mud slingers the logic behind the packages that these organisations offer. If you are happy working 80hrs a week for whatever remuneration you get then good on you. I would kill to have people with your work ethic.

You know **** all about me but think it perfectly acceptable to have a pop and read things into my posts that fit your own sense of inadequacy. NOWHERE have I derided or insulted anyone that does not earn a huge salary.