PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas:The Trashing Of A Brand
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 21:53
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was holding off putting this onto pprune, but this seems as good a thread as any. It blew my mind at first, then I thought "nah, that's not really a surprise at all".

Scene: Couple of days ago in Mel, waiting for a flight which I was paxing on. The service counter staff were pretty p*ssed off about something, and upon enquiring, this is what they told me:

The day before, a flight to Syd was overbooked by a couple of full-fare seats in Business Class. They were about to go through the process of apologetically contacting some people to see if they would travel on a different flight.

Guess who calls the manager and says "Me & my entourage are going to Syd on QF xxx. Book the seats now."?

When he was told "we're really sorry Mr CEO. The flight is oversold and they're all full-fare business." What was his response?

"I don't give a sh*t. We're going on that flight. Offload them."

I wonder if any of them were also Qantas shareholders? I mean, it's obvious to everyone, or most people at least, that Dixon has gone completely barking mad, but is there an end in sight? That is the question.