PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 20:49
waterhorse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waterhorse

melchett
obviously you have spent too much time or not enough in the bar if u thnk u are making rational comment
As a horse rider and mother of a rider who lives within shouting distance of two airbases, and with miltary connections I appreciate the job, but I repeat what I say - that not everyone has to put up with low flying if there can be some sort of compromise.
Most pilots stick to the circuit and yes if u buy a house near military aircraft u have to expect noise. To be fair, most horses get used to it, but a bit like a car that overtakes with no thought at high speed, a horse is going to react to it and that could be dangerous with a human rider on board. Does that not count as an important life to you??????????
Yes horses in a field do have room to spook - but can also injure themselves in the process. Unfortunately like it or not the pilots of visiting jets are the main offenders of low flying in our area. either they cannot read the station rules or don't bother. There is a problem that needs adressed here.
as for your remarks about a few horses not mattering, they do when there is a rider on board. I don't know the specifics of the woman and the court case but suspect she has exhausted other avenues.
PLus having already lost a member of my family to the MOD I don't intend to stand by and watch another have an accident because of an inconsiderate low passing jet that doesn't have to low fly right over our heads - especially when it is breaking into the circuit.
if your children were on the horse you would think twice cos animals are unpredictable.
pop by sometime - we'll let u have a go - nearly as hard to handle as an aircraft and a better adrenaline rush - but unlike some of these visiting easily excitable pilots most responsible horse riders learn to be quiet, patient and have nerves of steel. This is not straightforward as people like to horse ride, pilots like to fly and unfortunately never the twain shall meet.

Last edited by waterhorse; 11th Jun 2008 at 19:43.