PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warship - the 2008 TV version
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:05
It's Not Working

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airborne said:
It has to be said that the Subby PWO-to-be was about as dull as a wet Wednesday in Skegness. A good example of a graduate having had an easy-ish three years at university and not being able to get her head round Service life. She may have lasted longer in a smaller ship, perhaps? The little steward has more going for her, and that's saying something.
Strange, or perhaps refreshing, that 2 people can watch the same program and come away with opposing opinions. I felt desperately sorry for the Subby PWO-to-be. She had the nous to get a degree, a commission in the Royal Navy and survive x weeks at BRNC only to find her professional training as dull as a wet Wednesday in Skegness. I am sure she’ll be a loss to the service. As for the steward! I would imagine (hope) that she is hanging her head in embarrassment at last night’s episode as will her parents be. I thought these youngsters had a ‘sea-daddy’ to stop them making fools of themselves, where was he when it mattered? Top marks to the Captain’s chef however, do they all eat that well or was it a TV-meal?

Best fly-on-the-wall I can remember was Army Pilot, if I had my life again (and the eyesight)...