PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CVF
Thread: CVF
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 15:16
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for going to sea, RAF personnel have done it and I don't see them running out of the doors. If you want to have an idea of how offensive I find your assertion, think how you'd feel if I said that Naval Strike Wing shouldn't be used in Afghanistan because they joined up to go to sea so will all leave if you based them on land. We're servicemen - we go where we're told and if the way we operate changes a few people might bump their gums but after a few years, no-one really remembers any different. Yes, people matter, and, yes, we DID have a problem in certain parts of the RAF getting to grips with what being expeditionary really means, but we are way past that now and still working on it.
O_A

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15992

I posted the above on e-goat barely 4 days ago and although a MORI poll it aint - I was none the less quite stunned by the result. Over 38 of the 55 who voted dont want to serve at sea. I was expecting maybe 20% at the most.

I know it doesnt completely vindicate what I have said but the bottom line is this - I joined the Navy to go to sea. Most Crabs dont want to go to sea and if this persists then there will be problems. It happened from 1921 to 1937, No one ever learns. As for NSW - I would be interested to hear what they think. Maybe i'll post similar on Rum Ration.