PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 15:02
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuzzy, CTC's ATP scheme is only open for a matter of days at a time - they get so many applicants that it fills up quickly. I think it has only been open once this year - could be wrong but it hasn't been open for applications long.

Going from the CTC iCP scheme to the OAA MCC and JOC is great in theory but very expensive on practice, considering you are paying for two packages with lots of added value, to two different providers. I know a few OAA graduates have done the opposite; completed the OAA APPFO course and looked at the CTC ATP course but as said, you could be waiting months for it to re-open.

As for CTC iCP cadets getting preferential treatment into the ATP scheme - there is no fact either way as far as I'm aware. However, looking at the facts, you have been with CTC's instructors, have had your progress followed and if you are of a high standard, you are of great asset to CTC so there is no reason why they wouldn't use you.

As with everything, it comes down to risk. Wings cadet scheme is a risk, simply because the cadets they are recruiting haven't flown with CTC, haven't passed the ATPLs and haven't been known for long by CTC. The high failure rate is attributable to their high risk. As a qualified pilot on the iCP route, that risk is far removed - after all, you have completed the training so you are in good stead (providing you have performed) for further association with CTC. Bear in mind that this is speculation at the moment because no iCPers have finished the course.

As for resitting Wings assessment, I think they leave two years in between re-applications if not told otherwise.

DJ,

I read your post in its entirety - the only thing I didn't agree with and questioned was what I had quoted, hence why I quoted it. There was no attempt to crucify what you had said - why you think you are being crucified instead of challenged is odd.

You suggested, however loosely you want to put it, that "Wings cadets 'might', and I use the term loosely, pick up the flying skills a little quicker due to possibly doing better in the aptitude testing" whichI challenged, as it sounded a bit naive for many reasons. Nothing to get irate about

Last edited by 99jolegg; 10th Jun 2008 at 17:37. Reason: Correct an error