PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 13:05
TelBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to see you back here Neo and I totally agree that real life testing is the way to go.

The CAD test is probably the worst thing to happen to CVD pilots worldwide, although might let more fly in JAA land. The CAA are pressing the ICAO to make it a world standard, which could see the FAA scrapping the Tower Signal test in favour of the CAD.

I did personally ask the CAA optician if he would accept a practical test based apon their own studies carried out at Farnborough. The answer was NO!! The CAA see practical testing as unreliable due to enviromental influences on the day. Quite true and this is why the FAA will alow one retest on the Tower Signal test should you fail so that a fair result can be obtained. This would seem only applicable in the medical section as I'm sure that the licencing section are still very much in favour of practical flight testing.

Saftey must of course be of paramount concern and our flight tests MUST show that an applicant IS safe to preform the duties of the licence or rating sought. If he or she can demonstrate that - well fine!! I would welcome flight instructors and examiners comments on this.

Take the practical tests an airline pilot has taken.
PPL, Night, Multi, CPL, IR, Type Rating

As for the CAD test I must be the first to take the CAD test at Aviation House!! After failing all else they let me take the test and said they will keep my results on file and when and if the CAD is certified they will look at my results. So we will see if I am the first 'victim' of the CAD or the first sucess story.

I shall be writing to the EASA, ICAO and send copies to the CAA regarding loosing my UK class 1 with restrictions when the EASA take over, also worth a copy to my MP as it is a Euro 'thing'.