PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JOBS!!!!!
Thread: JOBS!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 11:35
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoL, some people get hypersensitive about being insulted for being modular or integrated. Well big fecking deal. Get over it. Either way you finish up as a low time pilot scrambling for jobs.

Africa sounds interesting and at one point I would have leapt at it. A friend is considering it but he's young and I'm not so young with a sprog. That puts a different perspective on it. And to be honest, you might, as someone pointed out, be better off Instructing at home where you can network. If that's you motivation.

I think what CathayBrat is really trying to say, in his alcoholically inspired tirade, is to get off you backside and stop whinging. All too often on this forum we have freshly minted 200 hour pilot, modular or integrated, I know not what. Who is sitting at home in his cups, like CathayBrat, bemoaning that fact that despite sending a gazillion CV's to every airline on the planet. No one has even bothered to reply, even with a PFO.

Well that's life. I've concluded there are two kinds of pilot. Those who expect and want to be airline pilots and those who want to fly. (But who end on airliners eventually). The former are more likely to end up back home with the parents barely staying current. The latter are to be found Instructing, in Africa, in the military, dropping skydivers etc. The former live in comfort. The latter live on low pay, getting shot at (Africa) and dodging Giraffes, getting shot at (military), and going up and down all day(skydiving). Probably living in a hovel and existing on minimum money.

Which will be the better pilot at the end of all that? Who knows! But I do know who is having more fun.

I have known pilots turn down job offers in GA. Preferring instead to wait for the big shiny jet job to turn up. Oblivious to the fact that many of the pilots actually getting the jet jobs often got them off the back of contacts they made while flying scruffy old spamcans for peanuts.

Each to his own I suppose.

Last edited by corsair; 10th Jun 2008 at 19:56.