PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Recession and Credit Crunch affect in UAE?
Old 10th Jun 2008, 10:40
midjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Global Recession and Credit Crunch affect in UAE?

Dear all,

How do you think a possible global recession, or the “credit crunch” may affect the lives of pilots working in the UAE? How about partners who maybe working in other sectors like construction, banking etc?

Do you think a move from the UK to the UAE would be a safe-ish move considering one would be at the bottom of a seniority list?

I current fly for a large charter operator in the UK and would not be surprised if this coming winter they turn around and announce a large cut in jobs. If they don't do it this winter then I'm sure they will the following year. When I look at the Chavs we fly on expensive far away destinations, I just cant imagine they are traveling on savings rather then borrowed money. They may still fly on one holiday a year to Greece or Spain but I don't think they will be able to put up 2K for a holiday to the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean. I think the UK aviation industry “maybe” in for a hard time in the next few years and was thinking how you guys and galls felt about job security at the bottom of a seniority list in maybe EY or EK.

Cheers