PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC iCP route
Thread: CTC iCP route
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 02:10
stuzzy1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
always appreciate a bit of guidance when it comes to what is ultimatley a massive financial commitment, with no guarantee of a job at the end.... a prospect made even more scary in the current economic climate!

With regard to the Icp programme, I couln't help getting the feeling after the assessment as if it 'was up to you'........ like they were happy to take the cadet rejects, so long as they were prepared to pay.... Perhaps this was just me, i mean I guess I reached some sort of minimum standard. I just wonder if this distiction would be bourne out during training too?

In contrast, I scored relatively highly in the Oxford APP training assessment (32/42) Compass and 7/10 group exercises....have to return for sim check, but the entry standard seems higher? Is this just me?

I have also heard that at CTC the ground school is self study? does this explain in part the difference in cost?

Also, Oxford includes MCC and JOC training, whereas CTC makes you apply for the ATP programme. Im guessing this course is ultra competitive: im totally dedicated to the cause,and have no doubt i'll perform well at training, but what chance realistically do I have if I failed to make the CTC cadet grade (allbeit marginally) at assessment stage?

It seems like the Icp programme is in its infancy, and I would be most greatful for any feedback from any current students, either cadets or Icp'ers as to how it all works....CTC is my first choice, with Oxford a close second....I guess the choice is down to a more expensive, proven track with Oxford APP, or into the unknown with CTC?...........................

sorry if im off the track here, I really should be on another thread......One of the links chelche was actually mine, but yet to have any responses! But any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.....

cheers,

stewart