PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Jun 2008, 23:16
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
To be honest, probably not - it isn't an open book exam! You will be expected to be able to think on your feet and should have all the relevant arguments, details etc squared away. If you can do that before you go, it will be obvious to your interviewer that you have prepared yourself, and a file of papers demonstrating what you have done to prepare won't make a huge amount of difference.

That said, if you do insist on taking it with you, make sure that it is well ordered and presentable. No point in undoing any good work you might do in the interview with a folder that looks about as organised as a tours worth of JPA receipts chucked in an wallet.

The only thing I can really think of that might be of any use is a few cue cards with a few jottings on to jog your memory / refresh the brain cells on the way there or if you find yourself with a few moments to spare in the waiting room. Other than that, relax and be yourself. I know it's easy to say that once you're already in and are qualified but it's the best piece of advice you will get. The interviewers aren't monsters, they know you are eager to put up a good showing and will take into account any nervous slips or mistakes. And for what it's worth, I found the interviews - both pre-OASC and OASC the most enjoyable part of the whole experience.