PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redhill Aerodrome - another planning application
Old 9th Jun 2008, 17:04
paulthornton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is interesting that Tandridge have only sent out an e-mail about the equestrian centre and not said anything about the other application which was submitted at the same time for the paved runway.

RAVL have stated that the application for change of use is a technical one (apparently the equestrian centre is a permitted use within the Green Belt), they are trying to establish if the local authority will permit anything on the site other than a grass aerodrome. They have stated to the users' that should the change of use be granted they have no intention of ceasing flying operations. Only time will tell on this one.
I'm by no means an expert on this - just someone who flies from Redhill and dutifully objected last time around, but wasn't one of the issues with the previous equestrian planning request the fact that it stated (and I'm paraphrasing here) that if permission was granted for change of use from aerodrome to equestrian centre, then the permission they have to use the site as an aerodrome ceases. Ergo, they now have a large field without planning permission to use it as an aerodrome.

I didn't know about the other application for the runway - do you have a planning reference for that so I can try and generate some support from the locals of Nutfield?

Paul.