PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 16:02
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
555orange,

The rest of you are missing the point. AC was letting people like me who are considering coming there, the inside details that are very difficult to find out except from someone who as been there. There are other options out there, and other companies do offer more in terms of lifestyle/pay package balance. Stop snivelling and browbeating the ones who are trying to help the ones who need this info. Thanks AC...you have provided me the information I was looking for!!
I don't post often but I can't let an inflammatory post like this go unnoticed.

I am glad that you have seen it this way. Thank goodness you won't be coming here......apparently we have enough idiots in this place.

AC's post was one sided and, frankly, was factually incorrect. Just by way of example, we have a very good bidding system which he says is no good. I have often come across people that think like this and with a bit of probing I find that they do not understand how the system works or have unrealistic expectations. In short I think he is too stupid or too lazy to learn how it works.

He mentions that we do not get the credit when we call in sick......maybe factually correct, but how often does he call in sick that this is a factor in his life?

And you don't deserve a better pension unless you band together with AC and speak with him.
The pension here is fine.......this guy does not understand the difference between a defined contribution fund and a defined benefit fund. This is basic financial literacy. Why on earth would I want to consult with him on it when he is so clearly uninformed?

And don't get me started on the training bond issue. I signed my bond the same time as I signed my employment contract. Its is a simple clear contract and if he felt so strongly about training bonds why did he sign it in the first place. To whine about it afterwards shows a lack of integrity as far as I am concerned.

I can feel for the chap when he said he made a mistake. There are plenty of reasons not to like it here but to come across as a poor victim being knobbed by this big company is simply ridiculous.