PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Direct Entry Capt
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 13:18
fire wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillalbatross,
quote: You know as well as I do that a lot of guys wanted to join CX and not as an S/O.

No dispute with you S.A. Still happens to this day.

quote: Are you telling me that for the good of the pax fleet and the career progression of the S/O joiners (no DEFO's back then) the freighter amalgamation back into the pax fleet took place? Bwahaahaahaa.

No, this is not what I have said. Try re reading what I wrote some two posts back. What I am trying to get thru to you is that on the date of intergration the ex ASL officers (Captains and First Officers) received a seniority number along with any of the S/O's and F/O's that joined on that same day (yes, contrary to your statement cx was employing direct entry F/O's on the Frtr ). That seniority number has moved foward due attrition / resignations and now sits at the mid 900 mark. What you seem to have misunderstood is that the intergration was brought about to counter the divisive nature of ASL as a bargaining tool against the company. Further, the process was initiated by the AOA not, as you so eloquently state "they ran to the AOA and said get us all pax positions".

I am reticent to call into question your integrity but if you had spoken to the sitting GC or president at the time you would not be sprouting such rubbish.

Time for nosh.