PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunny Spain?
Thread: Sunny Spain?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 06:21
GSMini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

Well, I consider myself an "almost" experienced F/O with instructing background (More than 1100tt being a flight Instructor), and currently flying the 320 with almost 500 on type (and counting! ) and to be honest..there are no oportunities in Spain now.

Apart from VLG and click, the rest of the companies are in very bad shape. Just take a look at what´s happening with Spanair, LTE, Air Nostrum (Pilots almost went on strike, and not bringing more CRJ´s), Air Europa (Hired about half a year ago, so, recruitment is stopped, and almost on strike due to management tried to create a low cost within Globalia group, which basically would have stopped AEA´s growth) Girjet (Close to stop, if not already stopped operations).
Iberia seems the only one that´s going not too bad, but they will wait one more year to recruit again, due to high oil prices.

And yes..you need to talk Spanish to work in Spain, except in VLG, but with the merger..maybe they´ll ask new pilots for a minimum level of spanish. To be honest, I don´t know.

Let´s wait one year and see what happens!

RGDS

P.S. Seasexsun..make your nickname "Seasexsunbeer" , and you´ll be my best friend!!