PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security costs Jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 06:02
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an absolute crock! Godfrey is obviously trying to justify having to put costs up. Many airports are getting sick of the airline monopoly of providing the screening service and putting in whatever figure they like on the airline ticket to cover it. Fact is, many airports are now applying to be screening authorities in their own right and after careful analysis of capital procurement, wages and maintenance can put the cost at somewhere between $7.00 - $10.00 per pax/bag combined.

The airline's day of milking the security cow might just be coming to an end. Time to find another scapegoat Mr Godfrey.

Gin Jockey,
Also, forging an ASIC card wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world.

Don't get me wrong, current security arrangements are ludicrous. You know, Jonny bagchucker just walks onto the tarmac via the staff entrance while captain kremmin upstairs gets the 3rd degree from some rent-a-cop over his 120ml container of anti-ageing cream and nail scissors.
I don't for one minute agree with all the measures being applied to aircrew but looking at the first paragraph quoted above it sort of justifies the second.

Last edited by Islander Jock; 9th Jun 2008 at 06:14.