PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atns c e o leaves
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 05:28
say what

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ATNS crew travelled all over the world a little over a year ago trying to recruit staff. I bet they didn't listen once to what was needed to attract people to work in SA and they can't be so ignorant as not to see what other companies offer their expat ATCOs....

126.7 ... u are spot on .... one can hear and hear and hear ...all depends what u want to hear, and what u want to change ....
Reality is to make the working hours in line with MMAANNSOOO is not difficult ...it takes time .... but not 10-15 years !!! Max time in chair is a decision ....you lay it down and then you work toward achieving it ... max 2-3 years ... again NOT 10-15 years !!

Decent Expat packages all over the world incl housing, schooling etc etc ...there are stacks of Northern Hemisphere (cold countries) guys and gals that would love a 3/4 year stint in Africa... but not on the basis ATNS tried it....and definitely not with the working conditions that are third world and considered illegal but most international standards.
It's one thing to expose yourself to an additional higher crime rate/risk, to paying your "own way" to work as an Expat, with nothing to take home except a tan and memories , it's another thing to do all this and then work like a hound month in and month out ...

re. a company compound .... a decent townhouse complex, safe with good recreational area .... can you imagine what something like that would be worth now if ATNS went that route 10years ago ? That's another "perk" round the so-called restrictions set by the regulating committee ... it'll be interesting to see what that regulating committee is going to say now when things are grinding to a halt .... their "restrictions" over the years have not paid much dividends ....

By and by ...let me just say this - I understand that Messrs Bradshaw, Norval and other "like minded " clones have not/did not mean harm/destruction for ATNS ...I actually do believe they have ATNS's best interest at heart ... they were/are responsible for a lot of good ...their methods of implementation and personal vendetttas against some has simply not being conducive to moving ahead ....this is meant to sound as a "semi" thumb's up to them .... I know that might be enough to make most fall down in un-controllable laughter but I think one always needs to examine the coin on both sides ....

Oh yes ...ATNS please take note ...change is slow in coming ...you are talking about healing years of scars and disbelief .... so don't expect immediate change ...but gain the worker-bees trust not by force ... earn it.

Anyway ....Asta La Vista .....
know this .... if continue to make the wrong moves .... folks will leave .... downward graph = down is bad in aviation = bad boss
Good moves ....folks stay or come back ...upward graph ....up is good = good boss

And for Pete's sake .... I can understand re-writing airlaw when you return as a rated/validated ICAO controller but don't make folks write all those silly exams again ... especially not for ex SA' ATCO's returning ...no one else does ...