PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 04:56
hyg

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just from my short time in cx, this is a little observation from a local point of view....For the local cabin crews, couple of reasons they don't wanna talk to pilots.....

1.this mainly lies with the junior ones. They are just being scared of becoming the centre of bitching session about throwing themselves at boys, tho most of the ones who have worked for more than 2-3 yrs couldn't give a rat ass about what other ppl says. One could not imagine the seniority mindset down the back, and this is just among BCs. I was soo surprised with the way some of them talk about BCs more junior to them, seems like they expect more respect from the new BCs than some Capts ask of us......

2. This is mostly reason why they don't want to talk to the expats, they are just not prepared or don't want to change language... I know you lots may say, this is the airline industry and it's an english based industry... but u have to agree english is not their first language and in many cases in their daily lives, they don't use it at all...Being a local, everytime when someone came in when the Capt/FO went to the loo, the girl who came in is always willing to chat....

Some of them are interested in what we do and despite the fact we all hate the company about cost cutting, I have actually been told us sitting up the sharp end are the last thing cx is still worth travelling with, which kinda says at least we're still getting some respect from them down the back, even if it's minimal....