PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice
Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 22:34
benish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice

Hi, I'm looking for some helpful advice on a matter of things from you all!

I'm just sitting my A level exams at the moment, and I have a part time job. I HAVE 4 EXAMS LEFT THEN I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL FOREVER.

1/ My original plan was to increase my work and do 3/4 days a week whilst doing a PPL and then moving onto the ATPL ground school then heading to hour building in the States. I have the funds for most of that and the wage from working would have covered anything extra.
Most people I have spoken to have advised me on this sort of method because it would keep continuity in training and because I wouldn't be taking a break from learning / education so wouldn't find it hard with the theory.

2/ Yesterday though I had a very positive interview with Servisair at LBA to become a baggage handler/ground crew staff. It seemed very good and they told me it was the best experience I could possibly get before heading into piloting, not to mention how it would look on my CV.

Now I am not sure what to do! Im young, 18. Shift work doesnt make me want to jump through hoops, my social life / relationship would take a blow!

--Can I ask what you would advise between going for it and getting to my goal by concentrating solely on flying, or working at LBA for a while to save and build experience.--

Thanks in advance guys,
Ben.

edit: UNI IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME. I DONT WANT TO GO THERE ISNT A COURSE FOR ME, I WANT TO BE IN AVIATION. I DONT NEED THE ADDED DEBT. PLUS ITS TOO LATE TO APPLY.

Last edited by benish; 9th Jun 2008 at 13:14.