PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is fuel price ganna affect FTOs' Training Packages
Old 8th Jun 2008, 22:00
seang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a purely hypothetical (that's such a good word) question, but what do you reckon would happen to flying schools if one day all pilot wanabees suddenly decided they didn't want to fork out thousands upon thousands of pounds to train for a career they may never actually get a job in and stopped, or never even started, flight training? Would they all shrug their shoulders, flog their aircraft and buildings and call it a day or would they go touting crazy trying to get all wanabees back with ridiculous incentives? Like Adios says, most will pass on the cost to their remaining customers in hard times, but what if they had NO customers because the whole wanabee fraternity suddenly came over all French-like an decided on a mass boycott? Like I said, purely hypothetical, but there's bugger all on the telly, the whole family is in bed, my local pub has had a flood and shut early and I fancy some social interaction
cheers
Sean