PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 21:53
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "The practice of getting the MOD to stump up compensation is a well known moneymaker in the farming comunity"...

When carrying out aerial photography for BAe at Dunsfold, ( light aircraft )I was often asked by pilots to confirm that the cattle etc. below were undisturbed, as the local farmers tried it on regularly.

So did the gypsies, but their claims were so absurd that no-one took them remotely seriously.

We kept most of the farmers placated by holding a reasonably lavish cricket match & party between the farmers and airfield management / Test Pilots.

When BAe left the airfield in the hands of property developers ( see ' Save Dunsfold Campaign ' ) the developers held an open meeting, mostly attended by people who had moved into the area during the 'fields' brief period of inactivity - there are occasional aircraft movements now, including the Brooklands Vimy replica and a large annual airshow.

A roving microphone was provided for people to air their views, the majority of which were NIMBY'S asking " there aren't going to be any nasty aeroplanes are there ?! "

I managed to get a go on the mic', and asked these people if they'd noticed the airfield, which has been there since 1942 !

My comment that without such places UK Ltd would be a lot worse off re. exports, and they'd be doing their complaining in German, seemed unpopular but I think I hit them below the waterline...

This woman and her precious horses deserves a special flypast - the comment posted above that one employs solicitors to 'search' before buying a property is spot on.

Maybe a helo' could stop and spray a roundel on her roof as a gesture of appreciation of her views, and an aiming point ? I'm sure she'd like a Harrier to hover & bow too.

I wouldn't mind betting she'd be suddenly very keen if offered an aerial photo' of her place by some berk like me in a Cessna...