PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 139 Down Abu Dhabi
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 21:50
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Accident

I am not a very experienced poster but it seems to me that when these awful things happen half of you seem incapable of seperating the emotion from the issue/facts.

I really do not know anything about what happened to this flight but I would like to guess that nobody set out to die that day......an accident happened!!!!!

I feel that this rumour forum is the correct place for those of you with inside knowledge to try and help the rest of us make some sense of the reasons why or how this accident may have happened.

Worrying whether the investigation will be transparent or that the truth will be delivered is in my view not the real issue. There are plenty of terrible accidents that haved happened where despite massive effort and resources the final outcome is inconclusive.

For the postings above it is possible to form the impression that a fully trained competent pilot not only gave up his crew station to another person but he may well have felt pressure to do so. Well I would hope I will never be in a position to allow that to happen to me or my passengers. Anyone else out "there" under the same kind of pressure...get out quick!!!

Market forces dictate everything in business. I find it really difficult to digest that such cultures can be allowed to exist in avaition. There are really plenty of well paid jobs flying serious helicopters for serious companies without any of us having to face this kind of test of our moral fibre.

If this is the issue, then it can only be addressed by those involved. Voting with ones feet is sometimes the only way to make the point!!!

I would ask that we get some real discussion on this accident and the tit for tat bitching between those of you who are in the know, and those of you who want to be... take it outside.. or get a room!!!