PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 21:10
DoinTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troglodita and Etienne t boy

Yes, we used to be able to take long walks along the beach holding hands bla bla bla. Please if you could just take some time to wipe that tear away before it spills into your already watered down beer.

Times have changed and they will continue to ride the waves of the political climate in an unstable, at best corrupt government.

There are still BBQ’s, Poker nights and general social gatherings. You can still have a social life in the compounds you live in. After all it is what you make it and for most, the people that are in the same situation do make the most of it and you end up with a good bunch of guys. So it really is not that bad.

I am simply saying the fact that you can’t venture out side the gates does not bother me as I am not really there to frolic in the sun. “I am there to work, get paid, then go home to my family and enjoy the large amounts of time off.” It is after all a job and it pays well.

The only other paces around that pay that sort of money are usually remote areas where there is no place to go anyway, so I view it the same. If I am wrong please let me know where those jobs are.

I hope one day it does go back to the “good old day’s” though I am not going to hold my breath. So until then keep the gates closed, the beer cold and the group of guys in good company.

Batter Up.