PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 19:04
FormerFlake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The information i had put on a very big screen infront of me showed the number of ferries going down.
It is not a simple as looking at numbers though. The percentage of ferry flights works out at around 40% which is the maximum target. The reason the ferry flights are more often below 40% than they used to be is partly because we have more aircraft to cover fewer flights. So while we are saving on ferries we have aircraft and crews sat on the ground.

We are also slightly less restricted with performance on the H400s than we used to be saving the Bravos etc from extra work.

In the summer, especially when a major football event is taking place, airports will often restrict us to 1 to 3 hr parking forceing us to ferry out then back in again later. There is nothing NJE can do about it but if more of our popular airports do this then it could hit home.

We also operate to a fair few small airports that do not have fuel forcing an extra ferry to a nearby airport to tanker fuel. Agian not a lot NJE can do about it but it all adds up.

I really dont see how the powers that be can track all the different factors that affect the market and proffits.