PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about the runway requestion
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 16:35
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have any experience as ATCO in that question(and many other questions as well) but as someone who always reading something I think that Zurich airport operations and associated ATC has some softwer and equipment relating to this problem. I saw more than 120 Nm before LSZH on the board screen info called " granted connection" with gates infos for passengers in transit and parking position for this a/c as well. So they have it well in advance. With such information available on time, life for airoprt operations and air carriers is easier. If they have such kind of infos well in advance than it is possible to have such info on ATCOs radar screens as well. If this info exists than you may try to find an appropriate action to vector it for final position that best suits for them. A few years ago head of airport operations at LSZH explained in Airports intl. how they worked.
It may help. But it also could be worthless becuase it is different scale . LSZH is not so big and there is no huge taxi time. And do not forget. Majority in Switzerland are very organized.
So contact LSZH