PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 12:08
etienne t boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troglodita,

How right you are! Doin Time and Zalt must be really cheerful people to be with eh . You didn't have to be too much into the Nigerian scene to enjoy a pleasant social life here. As you say, at warri there were Pork Nights and Fish and Chip Nights with Bristow, occasional barbecues at Aero, water ski-ing, lovely Sundays on the beach at Abraka diving and eating tilapia freshly grilled after with an ice cold beer, or the bush meat barbecues at Auntie's on a Sunday. In Port Harcourt there were opportunities for traditional Sunday lunch at the Toby Jug, great curries at 8 Tombia Street, good Chinese at the Eastern Gardens, delicious Steaks alongside the swimming pool at the Blue Elephant or a good pizza at the Pizza Royale. We also used to go swimming at Azumini or diving at Aguta Lake. On Sunday afternoons always a good friendly crowd and live music at The Blues cafe or listen to me, Etienne T Boy in ine of several bars in Rumuola. In Lagos there were great weekends at Lekki Beach where you could always hire a beach house for the day and have a seaside barbecue or take a boat to Tarkwa Bay and have a day on the beach eating all sorts of food brought by the beach vendors - fresh coconuts and pineapple, suya, plantains and bananas. Very happy days, now sadly gone.

GMIA,

I believe that only Escravos is now 4/4 with Bristow and all the other bases are either 6/6 or 8/4 (though with 8/4 only being paid 25% more than 6/6 I don't think it has many takers ).