PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bush-bird namibia
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 09:38
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a one man "family" operation basically - the boss being the main man ("unfortunatly" sometimes his wife... hint), so it is important you get along with him (and her... hint), it is probably the smallest operator in Nam. He is usually pretty cool and chilled, which in the worst case can cause misunderstanding. You will probably spend a lot of time in the office as well. He prefers his pilots to be from Europe, financially though, pay is more on the low end of the market, anyone from Europe will take a serious bite. You will be better off flying for Atlantic or Pleasure Flights as you get paid per flight and in season will earn double that what Bushbird pays for the same work.

You will fly mainly the Sossusvlei Scenic route until you get sick of it. The hours are ok and are on par with other operators, however little diversity. If you want some fun and some hours, I can recommend it-it might give you what you need to move on, but I guess that's a personal decision. Best you go there and introduce yourself..

Hope this gives a realistic picture - my info is second hand from a good friend of mine.