PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What no flights?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 09:15
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would doubt that Flybe will be going anytime soon. They have the newest, most economical aircraft possible and can sustain lower prices for longer than their competitors because of this. I would probably say that smaller operators are more at risk like Air Southwest, Aer Arran, Aurigny and maybe Eastern although each of these has its stregths, AirSouthwest with the PLH-NQY-LGW, Aer Arran with its PSO's, Aurigny on the JER-GCI and GCI-LGW and Eastern with their strong business passenger base.

Don't get me wrong, I think all airlines will find things tough over the coming months and for me I think that BMIBaby and Jet2 are the main two along with the EU low costs of Vueling, SkyEurope, Wizz etc. Whilst FR will not go, they too are at risk of a hefty downturn as the bulk of their traffic is primarily leisure orientated

http:/www.independent.co.uk/travel/n...st-841826.html

In terms of Q400's, Jethro's indicates that 2 of the most recent Q400's are heading of to Wideroe with Flybe taking 4 of the ex SAS aircraft. This makes absolute sense. SAS said they would only fly NextGen Q400's and these are the latest deliveries to Flybe. Flybe get some older SAS units but you can bet that Bombardier were happy to offer these at a very attractive rate to whoever wanted them. It appears as if Flybe are kissing goodbye to 2 aircraft and getting 4 in return which should speed up the phasing out of the E145's.