PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vestibular Neuritis
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 05:53
stilton

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive answer BTT.

It sounds like you have had more than your fair share of misery with Labyrinthitis, glad to hear you are much better, I think the Tinnitus will go away soon.

My symptoms have been a little different than your experience, no nausea, and not real dizziness per se, just a feeling like I am going to fall over (always to the right) and a general unsteadiness, rather like being on a ship rolling in a heavy swell.This is nearly always most pronounced while walking, less while standing and almost unoticeable whilst seated.

Acommpanying this has been an intermittent sensation of 'fullness' in my ears and nose, rather like being unable to clear out your ears on descent with the usual clicking sounds.

I have seen the top Neurotologist in my area and have had every test that there is, all negative, and in fact they say both ears are fine.

They put me on a long course of anti-viral medication which did nothing and am now on a week long course of steroids, we will see..

I have been doing the 'vestibular' exercises at home and the gym (with some strange looks) nothing has made any difference yet.

I wonder how much good the VRT therapy wil do while I still may have the virus that caused this 'vestibular neuritis'

Unable to work of course

Thanks again for your reply