PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need advice! Should I go to another flight school?
Old 7th Jun 2008, 20:30
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice! Should I go to another flight school?

Hello there,

I have started my training at Moncton Flight College, exactly a month ago. I am wondering if I should quit and need advice from more experienced people.

MFC is absolutely great, the staff, the instructors, the facility, the fleet, it is a really impressive school. The ground school is intensive and of high quality. I absolutely love that school and Moncton.

My only problem is that I have flown only 5 times since I started! The reasons are bad weather but also my instructor's availability. For the last 3 days the weather been great and I haven't flown! I talked to the program manager but he told me not to worry, that I will catch up later.

I have been doing exellent in the plane, nice takeoffs, landings, overall flying is good, i have exellent appreciations from my instructor. But I feel like learning to fly is a little bit like learning to ride a bike. You have to spend time practicing to feel comfortable and confident.

I am mixed because as I said, I find the school exellent, my only problem is that I don't fly much.
I found 2 other flight schools, not of MFC quality, but where i would be able to fly everyday twice a day.

What should I do?

Thanks
P.S: By no means this thread is made to do bad publicity to MFC, as I said, MFC is great, it is just a personnal situation.